We understand that you want to make sure your Fossil watch stays waterproof for as long as possible. That’s why we created this step-by-step guide to help you maintain the waterproof feature effectively.
In this guide, we dive into the different ways you can protect your Fossil watch from water damage. We start by explaining how to properly test the watch’s water resistance to ensure it meets your expectations. We also provide tips on how to clean and dry your watch after coming into contact with water, as well as how to store it safely to prevent any potential damage.
By following these steps, you can prolong the waterproof feature of your Fossil watch and ensure it remains functional for a long time. We hope this guide helps you take the necessary care and maintenance measures to keep enjoying your waterproof Fossil watch without any worries.
Top-selling timepieces by Fossil
Clean the watch regularly
To clean your watch, start by using a soft cloth or brush to remove dirt, dust, and debris from the surface. Gently wipe the entire watch, including the strap or bracelet, to ensure a thorough cleaning. Pay special attention to the area around the crown and buttons, as these are common entry points for water and can accumulate dirt easily. For example, use a soft brush to carefully clean around the crown to prevent any clogging or damage. By regularly cleaning your watch, you can maintain its appearance and prevent any potential damage caused by debris or dirt.
Avoid exposing the watch to extreme temperatures
- Avoid direct sunlight: Do not leave your Fossil watch in direct sunlight for extended periods as it can lead to overheating. Place the watch in a cool and shaded area to prevent any potential damage to its internal components.
- Keep away from hot tubs and saunas: Do not wear your Fossil watch while using hot tubs or saunas, as the extreme heat can compromise the watch’s waterproofing. The high temperatures can cause the seals to expand or contract, allowing water to enter the watch and potentially damaging its functionality.
- Protect from extreme cold: Do not expose your Fossil watch to extreme cold temperatures, as it may affect its performance. Avoid wearing the watch in freezing temperatures, as the cold can impact the functionality of the watch’s movement and battery life.
- Store appropriately: When not wearing your Fossil watch, store it in a temperature-controlled environment. Avoid leaving it in places such as the glove compartment of your car during hot summer days or on a windowsill during cold winter months. Storing the watch in a consistent and moderate temperature will help maintain its optimal condition.
Check the gaskets and seals
Checking the Gaskets and Seals
- Inspect the gaskets and seals: Carefully examine the gaskets and seals of your Fossil watch to ensure they are in good condition.
- Look for any signs of wear, such as cracks, tears, or gaps in the material.
- Check for any debris or foreign objects that may be lodged in the gaskets or seals.
- Clean the gaskets and seals: If you notice any dirt or residue on the gaskets or seals, gently clean them using a soft cloth dampened with water or mild soap.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that could damage the gaskets or seals.
- Test the waterproofing: To verify the effectiveness of the gaskets and seals, perform a quick water resistance test.
- Fill a cup with water and submerge your watch, making sure the gaskets and seals are completely immersed.
- Observe the watch for any signs of water seepage, such as fogging or droplets appearing on the inside of the glass.
- If there is any leakage, immediately replace the gaskets or seals.
- Replace worn or damaged gaskets and seals: If you discover any worn or damaged gaskets or seals during inspection or testing, it is crucial to replace them promptly to maintain the watch’s waterproof feature.
- Contact a professional watch technician or Fossil customer service for assistance in obtaining suitable replacement parts.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines or seek professional help to ensure proper installation of the new gaskets or seals.
Regularly checking, cleaning, and replacing gaskets and seals is essential to ensure the water resistance of your Fossil watch. By following these steps, you can help prolong the lifespan of your watch and prevent any potential water damage.
Avoid pressing buttons underwater
- When wearing a Fossil watch in water, resist the temptation to press any of the buttons on the watch face.
- Pressing the buttons while the watch is submerged can cause water to seep into the watch through the button openings, compromising the water-resistance seals.
- Remember to always dry your watch thoroughly after being exposed to water to prevent any moisture from accumulating and potentially damaging the inner components.
- If you need to adjust any settings or use the watch functions, make sure to do so while the watch is dry and not submerged in water.
Rinse the watch after exposure to saltwater
Rinse your Fossil watch with fresh water immediately after it comes into contact with saltwater. This will help prevent salt corrosion and maintain the watch’s waterproofing abilities. Make sure to thoroughly rinse all the metal components to avoid any potential damage.
Have the watch pressure tested
- Schedule regular appointments with a professional watchmaker or service center to have your Fossil watch pressure tested.
- During the pressure test, the watch will be carefully examined to check for any potential leaks or defects in the waterproof seals.
- This test is crucial to ensure that the watch remains water-resistant and can withstand exposure to water without any damage.
- It is recommended to have the pressure test conducted every 12 to 18 months or as per the manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the watch’s waterproof functionality.
Avoid using the watch in high-pressure environments
Avoid using the watch in high-pressure environments.
Do not use your Fossil watch in high-pressure environments such as scuba diving or deep-sea diving unless it is explicitly rated for such conditions.
Exceeding the recommended depth can damage the watch. High-pressure environments like underwater diving apply immense pressure on objects, including watches. If your Fossil watch is not specifically designed to withstand these conditions, it may fail and suffer irreversible damage. Protect your watch by ensuring it is water-resistant and has an appropriate depth rating before subjecting it to high-pressure underwater activities.
Keep the crown securely closed
Push the crown of the watch all the way in until it is securely closed against the case. Avoid leaving it partially open or protruding, as this can compromise the waterproof seal. For example, if you are going swimming, ensure that the crown is completely pushed in and closed tightly to prevent any water from seeping into the watch.
Have the watch serviced regularly
- Take your Fossil watch to an authorized service center for regular servicing to maintain its waterproof feature.
- Schedule a service appointment at least once a year to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
- During the service, the authorized technician will clean and inspect the watch, replace any worn-out parts, and reseal the case to maintain its water resistance.
- If you frequently expose your watch to water or extreme conditions, you may need to have it serviced more often, such as every six months.
- Neglecting regular servicing may result in water damage to the watch, voiding any warranty.
- For example, if you often swim or dive with your Fossil watch, it is essential to have it serviced regularly to maintain its water resistance and prevent any potential damage.
- By following this guideline, you can enjoy the reliable waterproof feature of your Fossil watch for many years to come.
Wrapping it all up
In conclusion, with proper care and regular maintenance, you can ensure that your Fossil watch remains waterproof. By adhering to the recommended guidelines and taking precautions when exposing it to water, your watch can continue to withstand moisture and maintain its water-resistant quality. So, go ahead and enjoy your Fossil watch worry-free, knowing that you are equipped with the knowledge to keep it waterproof for the long run.
Waterproof Maintenance Tips
Fossil Watch: How to Set the Time and Reset the Stopwatch Chronograph BQ2278 | SolimBD
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Fossil Watches
- Set the time: Twist the crown on the side of the watch in the clockwise direction until the correct time is displayed
- Adjust the date: If your Fossil watch has a date display, pull the crown out to the first position and rotate it clockwise to change the date. Push the crown back in once the desired date is set
- Activate the chronograph (if applicable): Fossil watches often feature a chronograph function for measuring elapsed time. Press the top button on the side of the watch to start the chronograph, the same button to stop it, and the bottom button to reset it
- Use the tachymeter (if available): Some Fossil watches have a tachymeter on the bezel or dial. This allows you to measure speed based on time and distance. Refer to the user manual for specific instructions on how to use the tachymeter
- Regular maintenance: To keep your Fossil watch in optimal condition, avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures, water, or direct sunlight for extended periods. Clean it with a soft cloth and avoid using chemicals or abrasives. Additionally, have your watch’s battery replaced by a professional when needed to ensure accurate timekeeping
Frequently Asked Questions about Fossil Watches
Can you share any notable collaborations or limited edition Fossil watches?
Yes, Fossil has had several notable collaborations and limited edition watches over the years. Here are a few examples:
- Fossil x Disney: Fossil has collaborated with Disney to create limited edition watches featuring beloved characters such as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and other Disney icons. These collaborations often incorporate playful designs and Disney-themed elements.
- Fossil x Opening Ceremony: Fossil partnered with fashion brand Opening Ceremony to design a collection of limited edition watches. This collaboration showcased unique and artistic designs, blending Fossil’s craftsmanship with Opening Ceremony’s avant-garde style.
- Fossil x National Geographic: Fossil collaborated with National Geographic to create a special edition collection of watches. These timepieces featured iconic National Geographic images and promoted environmental sustainability, with a portion of the proceeds going towards supporting the National Geographic Society’s conservation efforts.
- Fossil x Poptastic: Fossil has also collaborated with Poptastic, a popular Japanese brand known for its bright and colorful designs. This collaboration resulted in a collection of vibrant and funky watches with playful patterns and bold color combinations.