In today’s fast-paced world, having a reliable navigation tool can make a world of difference. Introducing the GoCompass Micro Wrist Compass, a compact and efficient companion for all your navigation needs. Whether you’re an adventurer, a hiker, or simply someone who wants to find their way around with ease, this innovative wrist compass is here to simplify your journey. Join us as we explore the features and benefits of this incredible navigation tool.
GoCompass Micro Wrist Compass
The Sun Company GoCompass is the perfect back-up map compass for any outdoor enthusiast. Whether you’re hiking, camping, or engaging in tactical survival situations, having a reliable compass is crucial to ensure you navigate in the right direction. This micro orienteering wrist compass is designed to be worn as a watch band or a paracord bracelet, making it convenient and easily accessible at all times.
Constructed with an ABS housing and a cushion-mounted compass, the GoCompass is extremely durable and built to withstand rugged environments. It can withstand bumps, knocks, and drops, ensuring it remains in working condition no matter the circumstances. This durability is especially important when you’re relying on it as your secondary compass, giving you confidence in its functionality.
Weighing only 0.01 ounces, the GoCompass is lightweight and won’t add extra bulk to your gear. Its compact size also makes it easy to slip into your backpack or pocket without taking up much space. The package dimensions are 5.75 x 3.7 x 0.67 inches, making it a convenient size for storage and transportation. Additionally, the compass features a rotating bezel, allowing you to make accurate and precise readings.
With the brand name Sun Company and manufactured by Sun Company itself, you can trust in the quality and reliability of the GoCompass. It is designed to assist you in finding your way and ensuring your safety in various outdoor activities. Don’t leave home without this essential accessory that could prove to be a lifesaver in challenging situations.
The Sun Company GoCompass – Micro Orienteering Wrist Compass is a compact and accurate tool for course orientation. Despite being made of plastic, it is designed to withstand regular use and will last a couple of years, even for those who are hard on watches. It can easily fit on a watch band or paracord bracelet, making it a versatile accessory.
According to one review, the compass is accurate considering its small size. It fits well on a 20mm MATO strap for a Seiko dive watch and is particularly useful for everyday use. The reviewer mentions that while the plastic compass may not last as long as a high-end watch, it is still a good value for the price.
Another review mentions a minor issue where the compass fell out of the base. However, this was easily fixed with some glue. Overall, the reviewer is satisfied with the compass’s size and functionality. They recommend investing in some glue as a backup measure.
The product features of the Sun Company GoCompass include an extremely durable ABS housing and a rotating bezel. This makes it a perfect backup map compass for outdoor activities and survival situations. The cushion-mounted compass ensures accurate readings, making it a reliable tool for orienteering.
Explore other options for a portable and accurate wrist compass
Discover the Top 5 Wrist Compasses for Hiking and Survival
Choosing the Perfect Compass: A Buyer’s Guide
When selecting a compass, there are several factors to consider. First, it’s important to choose a compass that is accurate and reliable. Look for a compass with a high-quality needle that is balanced and settles quickly, ensuring precise readings. Additionally, consider the size and weight of the compass, as you want it to be conveniently portable but not too small that it becomes difficult to use or read. Another important feature to consider is the compass base. A clear, easy-to-read baseplate with clear graduation markings will allow for more accurate map and navigation work. Lastly, make sure the compass is easy to use and understand. It should have user-friendly features such as a declination adjustment, orienting lines, and a rotating bezel for easy and accurate orienteering. By considering these factors, you can choose a compass that meets your needs and assists you in navigating confidently in the outdoors.
- Compact Size: Ensure that the wrist compass is designed to be small and lightweight, allowing for easy and comfortable wear on your wrist. It should not be bulky or cumbersome
- Adjustable Strap: Look for a wrist compass with a durable and adjustable strap. This will allow you to customize the fit to your wrist size, ensuring a secure and snug fit
- Easy-to-Read Dial: The compass should have a clear, easy-to-read dial with large numerals or markers. This ensures that you can quickly and accurately read your bearings or directions
- Rotating Bezel: The wrist compass should have a rotating bezel or a movable outer ring. This feature allows you to align the compass with the direction you want to go, making navigation simple and precise
- Reliable Accuracy: Check for a high-quality compass needle that points accurately and settles quickly. It should not stick or wobble to provide consistent and reliable readings
- Fluorescent or Illuminated Dial: A compass with a fluorescent or illuminated dial is beneficial in low-light conditions, making it easier to read the compass in the dark or during nighttime adventures
- Water Resistance: Look for a wrist compass that is water-resistant or waterproof. This ensures that it can withstand exposure to rain or accidental splashes without affecting its functionality
- Durable Construction: Consider the build quality and durability of the compass. It should be made from sturdy and rugged materials that can withstand outdoor activities and potentially rough conditions
- Additional Features: Some wrist compasses offer additional features like a built-in thermometer or a whistling buckle. Depending on your needs, you may want to look for these extra functionalities
- Price and Brand Reputation: Finally, take into account the price and the reputation of the brand. Compare prices from different sellers and read reviews to ensure you are getting a reliable and reasonably priced compass from a trusted manufacturer
Recognizing the indicators that indicate the “GoCompass Micro Wrist Compass” isn’t the right fit for you.
- Complexity: If you are not familiar with orienteering or using compasses, the Sun Company GoCompass may not be suitable for you. The rotating bezel and intricate features might make it difficult to use and understand
- Lack of Need: If you don’t engage in outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, or orienteering, the GoCompass may not serve any purpose in your daily life. It is specifically designed for those who require navigation tools in outdoor environments
- Style Preference: If you don’t like wearing watches, bracelets, or any other accessories, the GoCompass might not be your preferred choice. This product is primarily worn as a watchband or paracord bracelet compass, so if you find it uncomfortable or unfashionable, it might not be for you
- Technology Dependency: If you prefer relying on modern technology, such as smartphones or GPS devices, for navigation purposes, the GoCompass may not align with your preferences. It is a traditional compass that requires manual operation and lacks the convenience of digital navigation tools
- Cost: Consider your budget. If the price of the Sun Company GoCompass exceeds what you are willing to spend on a navigation tool, it may not be a suitable option for you. You could find more cost-effective alternatives that suit your needs
Navigational Terminology Explained
- Bezel: The bezel is the outer ring or frame of a watch that surrounds the dial. In the context of compass-bezel watches, the bezel usually contains markings or a rotating mechanism to help with navigation and directional readings
- Compass: A compass is a navigational instrument used to determine direction relative to the Earth’s magnetic poles. In compass-bezel watches, a miniature or integrated compass is included within the watch design to assist with navigation
- Dial: The dial is the face of the watch that displays the time and other relevant information. In compass-bezel watches, the dial may have additional markings or features to indicate compass directions or provide navigational assistance
- Cardinal Points: Cardinal points refer to the four main directions on a compass: north, south, east, and west. In compass-bezel watches, the cardinal points are often highlighted or marked on the bezel or dial to aid in navigation and orientation
- Rotating Bezel: A rotating bezel is a bezel that can be manually turned or rotated. In compass-bezel watches, the rotating bezel is typically used to align with the magnetic north or to track direction while traveling
Frequently Asked Questions about Compasses
What are the key factors to consider when choosing a compass for outdoor activities like hiking or camping?
When choosing a compass for outdoor activities like hiking or camping, there are several key factors to consider:
- Quality and Accuracy: It is important to select a compass that is built with high-quality materials and offers reliable accuracy. Look for compasses that have been tested for precision and are known for their accuracy even in challenging conditions.
- Durability: Outdoor activities can be rigorous, so consider compasses that are built to withstand rough handling, impacts, and exposure to varying weather conditions. Look for compasses with sturdy casings and durable components.
- Navigation Features: Different compasses offer varying navigation features. Consider the type of outdoor activities you will be engaged in and choose a compass that suits your specific navigation needs. Some compasses have a rotating bezel, declination adjustment, or additional markings for map navigation.
- Ease of Use: Look for compasses that are user-friendly and intuitive to operate. Check if the compass has clear markings, easy-to-read dials, and simple instructions to ensure quick and efficient navigation in the field.
- Size and Weight: Consider the size and weight of the compass, as you will need to carry it along with other gear. Opt for a compass that is compact and lightweight, making it easy to pack and carry without adding significant bulk or weight to your gear.
- Versatility: If you engage in various outdoor activities, it might be beneficial to choose a compass that offers versatile functionality. Some compasses can be attached to a watch band or a paracord bracelet, making them convenient and multifunctional.
Explore the great outdoors with confidence with our Sun Company GoCompass. This micro orienteering wrist compass is designed to be worn as a watch band or a paracord bracelet, providing ultimate convenience and functionality. Its rotating bezel allows for easy navigation, making it the perfect companion for your next adventure. Grab yours today and enhance your outdoor experience like never before.